Transfer Station Department
Phone: (860) 928-2770
Brian Zakrzewski, Transfer Station Operator
Address: 49 Paine District Road
See Town Clerk for permits.
The Transfer Station is Closed: January 1, 2013 (New Year's) and March 24, 2013 (Easter).
Function and Services
What We Do:
The Woodstock Transfer Station is located at 49 Paine District Road. It is open to Woodstock Residents, Woodstock Property Owners and Woodstock Businesses Only. It is a collection facility for municipal solid waste, and recyclables, brush, used batteries, waste oil, etc.
RESIDENTIAL TRANSFER STATION PERMITS ARE ON SALE at the TOWN CLERK'S OFFICE.
Annual permit for 2013 is $150; seniors (65 and older) $75; Woodstock Business Pass $150. Seasonal Permit (Memorial Day through Labor Day) $75, Day Pass $10.
You must have the vehicle registration with you when you come in for your permit.
- Regular Permit: For residents and property owners only. (Property must contain a residential dwelling). For the disposal of residential solid waste and residential recyclables. Limit of one per household.
- Over 65 Permit: For residents age 65 and older, and property owners age 65 and older when the majority of residents generating trash from the household are 65 or older. (Property must contain a residence if you are a non-resident property owner). For the disposal of residential solid waste and residential recyclables. Limit is one per household and proof of age is required.
- Seasonal Permit: For those who own or lease property WITH A RESIDENCE in Woodstock, but are residents of another state or town within Connecticut. Permit shall be valid beginning Memorial Day weekend through the Labor Day weekend. Applicant must provide a street address in Woodstock where the applicant will be residing seasonally and must provide the street address of the applicant’s permanent home. Not available to Woodstock campground addresses. Limit is one per household.
- Woodstock Business Permit: For recyclables generated in Woodstock only - No bulky, trash or brush.
- One Day Pass: No cost for residents with valid permits utilizing second vehicles. For residents without valid permits - Must present Photo ID and mail with name and address. Other fees may apply.
YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE TRANSFER STATION UNLESS YOUR TRANSFER STATION STICKER IS PERMANENTLY AFFIXED TO THE INSIDE CORNER OF WINDSHIELD (DRIVER’S SIDE).
No permits will be issued to a commercial vehicle.
Transfer Station Regulations
- Only vehicles with a valid Town of Woodstock Transfer Station permit will be allowed access to the facility.
- All refuse deposited at the Woodstock Transfer Station must be generated from within the Town of Woodstock.
- You will not be admitted to the Transfer Station unless your Transfer Station Permit is Permanently affixed to the inside corner of the front windshield (driver’s side).
- Bulky items include, but are not limited to: a large assortment of household junk, clean (new, unpainted, unused) wood, large toys, etc.
- Construction/demolition debris (sheet rock, shingles and insulation) must not exceed 100 lbs. and be in a separate container. For loads over 100 lbs., arrangements must be made with a commercial hauler for removal.
- Dumping permitted only in designated areas or per direction of an attendant.
- All loads must be properly covered.
- Household hazardous waste should be held at home until arrangements can be made for a household hazardous waste collection day.
- No closed drums or barrels. They must be cut open, cleaned and flattened.
- Sofa beds must be disassembled prior to coming to the Transfer Station.
- Doors must be removed from scrap appliances.
- Loads must be assessed by the attendant prior to and after dumping or additional fees maybe charged.
- Payment for items with additional costs for disposal must be paid for by check (no cash or credit cards) at the Transfer Station at the time of disposal.
These regulations are enforceable by the Woodstock Board of Selectmen, together with Town Constables and/or the Board's agents.
Due to the absence of scales, all loads are presumed to be full loads.
All Permits and Special Permits must be paid for and/or obtained in advance at the Office of the Town Clerk during the following hours:
- Monday-Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30am-4:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am-6: 00pm
- Friday: 8:30am-3:00pm
In addition, Special Permits can be purchased at the Transfer Station (during Transfer Station hours) from an attendant, payable by check only. A receipt will be issued.
If you are renewing your stickers with the same license plate numbers, make your check made payable to "Town of Woodstock."
Town of Woodstock
415 Route 169
Woodstock, CT 06281