The Town Beach is located on Muddy Pond (which is sometimes referred to as Pond Factory, and St. Mary's). The man-made lake covers 38.3 acres. The beach is open to Woodstock residents and their guests, and Woodstock property owners. See below: Facilities and Activities, Directions, Hours, Water Quality and Fishing, Rules and More Information.
Facilities and Activities
2016 Swimming Lessons will be provided by Tri-Community YMCA. Two sessions will be held: Session 1 is July18-29 and Session 2 is August 1-12. Click here for the registration form.
- Swimming, fishing, canoeing, and picnicking. No pets are allowed.
- Swimming is "AT YOUR OWN RISK". There are no lifeguards on duty.
- Contact the Selectmen's Office at 860-928-0208 x310 for information or concerns regarding the Town Beach.
The Town Beach is located in North Woodstock on Pond Factory Road. From the center of North Woodstock, take English Neighborhood Road (off of Route 169.) for about two miles. Just past Leavitt Road, take a right onto Pond Factory Road, and go approximately 1 mile to the entrance. Click here for Google Maps.
Open 7 days a week from sunrise until a half hour after sunset (Memorial Day through Labor Day Weekend.) Use of the beach is at your own risk as there are no lifeguards on duty.
Muddy Pond is tested monthly for e-coli during the season.
Town Beach Regulations
Regulations Regarding the Use of the Town Beach on Pond Factory Road (also Known As “Muddy Pond”).
The Town Beach located on Pond Factory Road and the appurtenant parking areas shall be open to the residents of Woodstock, property owners, and guests for use and recreation subject to the following restrictions:
- No beer or alcohol or drugs shall be consumed or carried upon the premises.
- There shall be no parking allowed in the area near the beach. All automobiles and other motor vehicles shall be parked in areas designated by the Selectmen. No parking shall be permitted on the west side of Pond Factory Road.
- The Town may issue appropriate identification permits for the use of the facilities for automobiles, motor vehicles, swimming, fishing, and boat launching.
- Use and access to the town property shall be limited to residents or property owners of the Town of Woodstock and their guests.
- The Selectmen, or any designated Town employee or any peace officer may eject or remove any person from the premises who is not licensed to be there, or who in the opinion of the Selectmen, or such designated Town employee or peace officer is creating a disturbance, or whose behavior endangers or annoys others lawfully using the premises.
- No fireworks shall be permitted on the premises.
- Self-contained charcoal or gas grills will be permitted for cooking purposes only.
- Members of the public shall use the facilities at their own risk.
- No pets or animals shall be allowed in the water, on the beach, or in the parking area.
- No person shall deposit litter upon the premises except in designated receptacles and no person shall damage or remove any fireplace, tables, signs, refuse containers, or other recreational equipment on the premises.
- No open fires will be permitted.
- No recreational flotation devices are permitted (flotation tubes, floating rafts, etc.). The only exceptions are “swimmies,” and Coast Guard approved personal flotation life jackets.
- The premises shall be open for public use and recreation from sunrise until one-half hour after sunset daily. No one shall be allowed to enter or remain upon the premises other than during those hours. Exceptions may be granted by the Board of Selectmen.
Violation of this ordinance shall be deemed an infraction and punishable by a fine not to exceed $100.00 for each offense.
Please help keep these facilities clean.
- Lakes in Woodstock (Woodstock Conservation Commission website)
- Trails in Woodstock (Woodstock Conservation Commission website)
- Camp Nahaco
- Roseland Park
- Palmer Arboretum
- Recreation Department and Commission