PURPOSE, MISSION STATEMENT, and RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of the Town of Woodstock website is to enhance communication, by providing open access to timely, accurate and useful information about Town government, via the Town website. The website provides electronic access to public forms and documents, including agendas, minutes, budgets and reports; news; and meeting schedules. Information about non-profit organization and community events may also be included, provided they are for the benefit of Woodstock residents.
To facilitate this purpose. Committee responsibilities include:
- designing and developing a publicly accessible website that includes information that is important and useful to Town citizens and other interested parties
- design, graphics, placement of content, and functionality are at the discretion of the Website Committee, which shall have final authority. Appeals to the decisions of the Committee may be made to the Board of Selectmen, which may return the decision to the Committee for revision.
- recommending enhancements to the website, and seeking approval from the committee before implementing any significant changes to core functionality of content
- developing standardized guidelines for website administrators
- coordinating access and training for Town employees and Board, Commission and Committee members who are website administrators.
- coordinating hosting of the website and maintaining the domain name
- www.woodstockct.gov and www.townofwoodstock.com
- addressing technical problems with website functionality
- ensuring that the security of the website is not compromised
- reporting on website activities
- soliciting and responding to user feedback
- periodically reviewing the website to ensure that it is up to date, accessible, and easy to use.
The full Website Committee meets as needed, usually on the dates noted on the WEB Calendar tab at times noted on the WEB Calendar tab See the blue Calendar tab (above) for upcoming meetings. Special Subcommittee meetings are scheduled as needed. Agendas and minutes are available at the Town Hall and on this website. Meetings are open to the public.
- Bet Zimmerman-Smith, Conservation Commission rep and Acting Chair, as of June 2007
- Allan D. Walker Jr.
- Judy Walberg
- Julie Woodland
- Richard Kryzak
- Send regular mail to: Website Committee, Woodstock Town Hall, 415 Route 169, Woodstock, CT 06281-3039
- Phone: (860) 974-3020 (Bet Zimmerman)
You can also call the Board of Selectmen's Office at (860) 928-0208 x310 or Email Us for information on how to contact the Website Committee directly.
Latest Changes and What's New!
- 2007 BOS, PZC, IWWA, Conservation, Website Committee, ZBA, Agendas and Minutes online
- New pages that roll up all Office/Dept/Board/Commission Agendas, Minutes, Forms and Links under Home, Town Government
- Government, Schools, Library and Public Safety info on Home page
- Select Ordinances and link to whole set under Town Government
- Know Your Town Government Booklet on Town Clerk, Forms tab
- FOIA info under Town Clerk
- Meeting Schedule (Boards, Commissions) under Town Clerk
- Descriptions and composition of each of the Boards, Commissions and Committees
- Celebrating Agriculture
- Palmer Arboretum page
- Voting Results on a separate page under Home>Government (sortable by elections/referenda/Town Meetings)
- New page on the Transfer Station, under Home>Services. (Information about the Transfer Station Committee is still found here.)
- Roseland Park and Muddy Brook/Town Beach - history, facilities, activities, hours, rules, etc